The grandparent is eligible to receive a certified copy of the death certificate if all of the following criteria are met:
- The birth certificate of their child, the parent who is named on the deceased individual's birth certificate and on the deceased individual's death certificate, or, if applicable, a copy of a court order of adoption or certificate of adoption certified by the issuing court or other court order naming the deceased individual's parent.
- If the grandparent's child (mother or father named on the registrant's certificate) was born in Arizona, the grandparent shall provide the name and date of birth of that child for verification in the applicable electronic registry system.
- The grandparent submits a signed application.
- The grandparent provides valid government issued identification or notarized signature on the application.
- The grandparent submits the appropriate fee(s).