Patch Upgrade / Special Note
Patch-Upgrading the Previous Drainage Design Management System for Windows (DDMSW) to DDMSW 4.6.0
Although a full installation of DDMSW 4.6.0 is highly recommended, you can still upgrade the previous version of DDMSW to DDMSW 4.6.0. The older version of DDMSW will be replaced by DDMSW 4.6.0 but the data will be preserved. We highly recommend backing up the project data from the older version DDMSW before performing the upgrade.
- Right-click the Installation File (ZIP) and choose "Save Target As" to download the self-extract file FCDMCPATCH460.EXE to the installation folder of the previous version of DDMSW (By default, the installation folder of the previous version of DDMSW is C:\FCDMCxxx\ST, where 'xxx' is the version number. To make sure this is the right folder, you can check if there is an executable file called "stl.exe" in this folder.)
- Double-click on FCDMCPATCH460.EXE to self-extract files in the installation folder of the older DDMSW. Due to the size of this executable file, it might take a few minutes to extract all the files in the package depending on the processing speed of the end user's computer.
- Once the upgrade process is finished, an information message box pops up which reads "All items for DDMSW Patch were successfully extracted" .
- When DDMSW 4.6.0 is launched for the first time after the upgrade, users will be prompted to load the new sample projects in. The users can choose to load them, or they can be loaded at a later time.
Special Note for Windows Vista & Windows 7 Users
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, some attention is needed to make sure that the installation will be conducted correctly and successfully.
If DDMSW is not yet installed and will be the following.
- Installed on one of the enterprise domain-joined computers and the computer user does not have local administrator access rights for the installation, the network administrator needs to conduct the installation. If DDMSW will be used by multiple users on this computer, the network administrator needs to make sure to assign write permissions on the DDMSW installation directory for all users. or,
- Installed on a local personal computer, some attentions are needed for the following points:
- If a user with regular user permission logs in to run the installation, Windows will not allow the installation.
- If a user with limited administrator permission logs in to run the installation by double clicking the DDMSW installation package, fcdmcinstallxxx.exe, at some point during the installation an error message will pop up reporting the failure of the installation.
To install DDMSW on personal computer, follow the following steps.
- Log in using an administrator account.
- Right-click the DDMSW installation package to open the menu.
- Select "Run as Administrator."